24 hrs before your scheduled appointment
You will get a text reminder of your appointment with a link to cancel your appointment if:
- Your temperature is over 99 F when you check at home
- If you have a cough or shortness of breath
- If you are experiencing (new) changes to taste or smell sensations
- If you have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 or with COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days
- If you have traveled within the last 14-days
Prior to your appointment
- Please make sure all of your paperwork is filled out prior to coming in for your appointment. Log in to the patient portal HERE.
- Wash your face and hands with soap and water and then apply a mask to your clean face
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you when you arrive
- This mask will be required to stay on until after temperature check and evaluation by Medical Director
- Please note that you must come to your appointment alone, including no children
When you arrive at Elite Medical & Aesthetics
- You will be required to use hand sanitizer and offered a face mask (if needed)
- Your temperature will be checked before you may enter the treatment room
- If you have a temperature over 100 F your appointment will be canceled
- Appointment times will be strict to decrease the risk of you encountering other clients (more below)
- You will be required to sign an additional acknowledgement that you have read these protocols and are aware that aesthetic treatments are elective procedures (more below)
Extra measures taken at Elite
- The entire office is sanitized morning and night
- The exam chair, and anything touched during appointments is sanitized between every patient
- All staff will be wearing a mask and gloves when within 6-feet of a patient
- Appointments have been spread out to decrease the risk of encountering another person (other than the provider you are seeing)
- All appointments are 1:1
If by some coincidence you encounter another client coming or going when you are arriving or leaving, please keep a minimum of 6 feet of distance between you and the other person.
Elective procedure information and consent
This goes without saying but all aesthetic procedures are elective, meaning not medically necessary.
Please be aware that leaving your house to get an elective procedure could increase your risk for contracting COVID-19 as it is highly contagious.
Please see the precautions below to prevent contracting this illness or any other illness.
COVID-19 prevention recommendations
- Wear a mask at all times when you enter the building (or any building)
- Minimize contact with handrails and doors as necessary
- Do not touch your face, particularly your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Always wash your hands before you eat
- When washing hands do so for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer when you arrive to the office and again when you leave
- Wash your hands immediately when you get home and sanitize anything you touched that you could have contaminated on your way into the house.
A little note
Most of you know that I worked in acute care (hospital based) & critical care medicine prior to getting into aesthetics so following all of these precautions is my normal. Know that, as always, I am treating my aesthetics office with the same standards and precautions I would use when working in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Your safety is always my #1 priority, COVID or not.
I also understand that it may be scary for those of you that are not used to having to live around infectious diseases so please know that I am here for you.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or just need to talk before your appointment you can email me at Ali@EmaColorado.com, or text me on my cell-phone at 970-319-7316.